ADVANCED ROAD TEST and CLASS 5 ROAD TEST TIPS
The key to success in passing the road test is PREPARATION
Have a nourishing meal and plenty of rest before the road test.
- Make sure your vehicle is ready for the road test – windshield has no major cracks, all lights are working, full tank of gas, keep your car clean and make yourself presentable.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your road test time.
- Stay calm and drive in a safe defensive manner.
- Try to do the basics well – signal correctly, shoulder check each time you turn or lane change, don’t go over the speed limit and always stop at the stop line or at the crosswalk.
- Make sure you are comfortable in your parking skills. You will be asked to do hill parking and parallel parking and even drive in the parking lot at the registry office. Learn to use the parking brake.
- Know your vehicle – controls and equipment
- Be confident and drive like you know what you are doing
- Talk yourself silently through the test. Talk about signs, corners, traffic lights and any hazardous conditions coming up and how you are going to deal with them
- Take driver training with Park Driving School and lots of driving practice with a family member. Learn to be a safe driver which will then help you to pass your road test
- Use the online tools on the Park Driving School website
- Book your road test when your instructor tells you to – not when you turn 16 or when your one year waiting period is finished
- If you went to another driving school and did not have a positive experience or failed the road test come and take a brush up with Park Driving School in Sherwood Park. You will get the best driver training from us. That’s our promise to you!
"This is probably the best driving school with the best prices, all the instructors are really friendly and show you the best way to do paralle parking. Also unlike other schools if your having problems with anything they go over it with you until you are good at it." - Presley Andriash