You've made the next step to becoming a successful and confident driver! You will recieve an email shortly with your receipt and order details.
How to book your Driving Lessons
Park Driving School will contact you by phone to schedule your in-vehicle lessons before your classroom dates. Your target date will vary on the seasonal demand, student preferences for lessons and your availability. If you are ready to start sooner then please call our office at 780 570 5373 and we will be happy to book some driving lessons for you.
This is what will happen with any of our courses:
- Receive an evaluation form with feedback after each driving lesson
- One-on-one instruction from certified instructors
- We’ll work around your schedule with home, work, or school pick-up and drop-off
- Our instructors are available for lessons in the mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends
- Learn to drive in an automatic transmission vehicle
- In Vehicle lessons in 2 hour sessions
- Call the office if you have any special requests or concerns
When you've finished your course with us, consider purchasing a special "Brush-Up" Course to help you pass your test!
Final Grades & In-Vehicle Driving Lessons
New drivers must complete all in-vehicle lessons with a final grade of at least 75% to pass the in-vehicle component.
Park Driving School’s Driver Education Course is competency based. While many student drivers are reasonably proficient after 10 hours of formal training, others may require 15,20 or more hours driver training depending on age, aptitude, motivation and previous experience.
An additional 40-50 hours of supervised practice during and after the in-car lessons is strongly recommended for all student drivers.
Ongoing supervision is recommended for all newly licenced drivers.
Extra Lessons Needed
If at the end of your Driver Education Course you feel that you need some extra help or you need some extra lessons to reach a passing grade then please contact us for some brush up lessons.
- All of our Brush Up Courses include the following:
- 2, 4, or 10 Hours of in-car lessons guided by our Instructors
- Pick up and drop off for driver within Sherwood Park
- Driving evaluation & report card
- Class 5 or Advanced Road Test preparation
- Multiple lessons available if needed
- Defensive driving skills included in all our courses
- 2 Hours of one-on-one in-car lessons.
- 4 Hours of one-on-one in-car lessons.
- 10 Hours of one-on-one in-car lessons.
A minimum of 2 hours of driving time on the road
You will receive an evaluation after a minimum of 2 hours of driving time. This will outline what you need to practice before your road test.
If you are about to take the Alberta Road Test, want to improve your driving skills or are new to Alberta, our brush-up lessons can be customized to suit your needs. Your in-car sessions will give you added confidence, improve your driving skills and give you the tools to prepare for your advanced driving test or the basic Class 5 road test.
- Learn to drive in winter, at night, or under extreme road conditions
- Learn the best ways to parallel park
- Understand driving practices for highways and freeways
- Keep your skills sharp as you age, with driver lessons for seniors
- Take brush-up lessons to complete the driver education course and receive a passing grade, or prior to a road test.
- Driving lessons are in 2 hours sessions
- Special pricing is available for students who have taken our course and need more driving practice