You've made the next step to becoming a successful and confident driver! You will recieve an email shortly with your receipt and order details.
How to book your Driving Lessons
Park Driving School will contact you by phone to schedule your in-vehicle lessons before your classroom dates. Your target date will vary on the seasonal demand, student preferences for lessons and your availability. If you are ready to start sooner then please call our office at 780 570 5373 and we will be happy to book some driving lessons for you.
This is what will happen with any of our courses:
- Receive an evaluation form with feedback after each driving lesson
- One-on-one instruction from certified instructors
- We’ll work around your schedule with home, work, or school pick-up and drop-off
- Our instructors are available for lessons in the mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends
- Learn to drive in an automatic transmission vehicle
- In Vehicle lessons in 2 hour sessions
- Call the office if you have any special requests or concerns
When you've finished your course with us, consider purchasing a special "Brush-Up" Course to help you pass your test!
Final Grades & In-Vehicle Driving Lessons
New drivers must complete all in-vehicle lessons with a final grade of at least 75% to pass the in-vehicle component.
Park Driving School’s Driver Education Course is competency based. While many student drivers are reasonably proficient after 10 hours of formal training, others may require 15,20 or more hours driver training depending on age, aptitude, motivation and previous experience.
An additional 40-50 hours of supervised practice during and after the in-car lessons is strongly recommended for all student drivers.
Ongoing supervision is recommended for all newly licenced drivers.
Extra Lessons Needed
If at the end of your Driver Education Course you feel that you need some extra help or you need some extra lessons to reach a passing grade then please contact us for some brush up lessons.
Taking a brush-up lesson is a perfect way to refresh skills before taking your Class 5 drivers exam or for those mature drivers who may benefit from some one-on-one time with a qualified instructor.
All of our brush-up courses include:
- 2, 4, or 10 hours of in-car lessons with an Instructor
- Pick up and drop off of driver within Sherwood Park
- Driving evaluation & report card
- Class 5 or Advanced Road Test preparation
- Multiple lessons available if needed
- Defensive driving skills included in all our courses
Brush-up lesson content can be customized to include:
- Winter, night or extreme road conditions
- The best ways to parallel park
- Highway and freeway driving practices